DIY at The Cottage

I love DIY! Here are some projects & how to create them yourself! I love living by the sea & am so inspired by it! It was so inspiring when I visited the Coastal Living Home in Scarborough, Maine. Completely falling in love with this whale coat rack in the front entry. So I thought I'd try to recreate it myself.
 Love these hooks :)

Whale coat rack
                                   Coastal Living Whale
Liberty Cottage Whale
                                    
                   Perfect place for our towels by the hot tub! 

Want to create your own whale coat rack? Here's how!
All you need is plywood, bead board, rope trim,  paint, hooks, and most important a jigsaw! 
1) Cut the whale shape & water below out of plywood with jigsaw. 2) Use extra plywood to cut out eye & fin. 3) Cut waves from bead board. 4)Paint pieces separately. 5) Apply all pieces together with liquid nails & nail gun. 5) Attach the hooks.  And you're done! Just think of the possibilities of colors & shapes you can cut out of plywood! Below are also some Sea Horses I made the same way. 

  
 This shell mirror was so easy! All you need is a white framed mirror, shells, 
and a glue gun with lots of glue & patience.



We recently just put in a new bathroom in at the Liberty Cottage. My search for a bathroom vanity was unsuccessful. They all seemed to be low quality or extremely expensive. So we decided to be creative, and custom make our own.   In our basement was this old cabinet, it use to have a hutch attached on the top. I thought I could just remove the hutch,  and then fix it up with some paint & stain. My handy husband could do the plumbing & install the vessel sink.  This is how it turned out! For the cost of the sink & faucet together was about $200.00! What a deal! I think it turned out great! Custom vanity in solid hard wood, love it & the price! So if you have an old piece of furniture (bureau, table, desk) recycle & reuse, it was so easy!  Here is a picture of the finished project!
Hope you enjoyed some of my DIY days! Keep Creating!
If you have any questions or comments I'd love to hear from you!!
Kathleen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment